-2 cups long grained rice
-2 cups coconut water
-2 cups Zico coconut water
-1 2-inch cinnamon stick
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup coconut milk
-2/3 cup sugar
-1/8 tsp kosher salt
-cheesecloth, for straining
1. In a large bowl, combine the rice, water, coconut water and cinnamon stick. Refrigerate overnight.
2. The next day, blend the mixture in a blender until smooth. Strain the horchata over 2-4 layers of fine cheesecloth depending on how smooth you prefer your horchata.
3. Stir in coconut milk, vanilla extract, sugar and salt and chill until cold.
coconut whipped cream
-1 13.5 fl oz can full-fat coconut milk or cream, chilled overnight
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-2 tablespoons powdered sugar, optional
1. Separate the solid top layer of the coconut milk from the liquid and place the solid in a bowl or stand mixer.
2. Add the powdered sugar (if using) and vanilla extract.
3. Beat on high until soft peaks form. Keep chilled until ready to use.
for a single serving
-6 oz cold brew coffee
-2 oz coconut horchata
-coconut whipped cream, to your heart’s content
-ground cinnamon, for topping
-toasted coconut flakes, for topping
-cinnamon stick, for garnish
1. Pour cold brew coffee into a 12 oz glass filled with ice.
2. Pour coconut horchata over the coffee and mix well.
3. Top with coconut whipped cream to cover.
4. Top with ground cinnamon, toasted coconut flakes, and a cinnamon stick. Enjoy.